How we start our day can impact our activities, thoughts, feelings, actions, and overall well being for the rest of the day. Have you ever created a formula to successfully launch each day? Aaron Ross of Pebble Storm inspired me to solidify my (almost) daily routine.
I’ve given mine some elasticity in terms of order of action.
- Spend a few moments reminding myself what I am grateful for (i.e. all the gifts currently in my life).
- Sitting meditation (anywhere from a few minutes to 30+ minutes).
- A few basic yoga stretches. My favorite in the morning is supported bridge pose.
- If I am feeling sluggish or lethargic, I’ll do a handstand.
- 1-2 glasses of room temperature water.
- Breakfast (cereal, fresh fruit); although I make what’s described as a great French Toast.
I find that I am less stressed when I don’t turn on the tv when I am getting dressed.